50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

Because I told myself I would answer these questions in my 101 in 1001
Questions provided by Marc and Angel

  1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?  30 years old. Seriously. I think I was born in the wrong generation. Every person I have met has told me I'm very mature for my age.
  2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? This is always tough for me as I absolutely hate to fail. But who doesn't? I think never trying  because you'll have to live the rest of your life regretting.
  3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Good question. I have let go of what my parents wanted me to do to pursue what I wanted to do. I wanted to go into interior design because I truly enjoy it. I like interacting with people and knowing what I do can provide them with joy and impact their lives positively. 
  4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you've done? I hope not. I want to be able to prove myself not from all the things I have said but by my actions. As they say, actions speak louder than words. I want to be able to leave behind something great for this world. 
  5. What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? Inequality. No matter what it is: skin color, gender, sexuality, etc. Every single person on earth is a human being and should be treated like one. 
  6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? I would still stick with interior design because I know it brings people happiness. I would also continue to volunteer my time as I know it provides people with happiness.
  7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? I am doing what I believe in. Definitely. 
  8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? Haha, that would mean I've lived half my life! I would get married and have babies. But continue my career.
  9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I believe I've controlled it from the beginning. I've made all my choices. 
  10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Both. I believe in doing the right things and doing them right. 
  11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do? I stay out of it. I let them know she's my friend and she is a good person. Aren't we all past the high school stage now? 
  12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Love with all your heart, it may cause lots of heartbreaks but it also allows you to see all the beauty of this world. Give love especially to those who have been there: family and close friends. 
  13. Would you break the law to save a loved one? It depends but most likely yes. 
  14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? No, nothing is "insane". People have different views but as a designer I feel like I am able to see things in an artistic perspective. 
  15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? I hold my chopsticks weird! 
  16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? I love spending my time with people. Every single minute. Sometimes people need time just for themselves and I totally understand. I'm just not one of those people.
  17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back? Travelling the whole world. Money and time. 
  18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Yes. Certain people.
  19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Oh, the list is endless where I would want to go. But maybe back to Taiwan first as most of my family members are there.
  20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Sometimes. No, I don't believe it makes it faster.
  21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Worried genius. I would then learn to make myself less worried and be joyful.
  22. Why are you, you? I am me because I love with all my heart. I let people into my life easily. I trust easily and I hurt easily. I try hard at everything I do and put a lot of emotions into it. 
  23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I am working on it. 
  24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch with a good friend is always the hardest.
  25. What are you most grateful for? My boyfriend. He has been my unconditional support. 
  26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Lose all of my old memories. I would be devastated to not be able to make new memories when it comes time for me to marry and have children. 
  27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? Yes. Someone might tell you a lie but you already knew the truth.
  28. Has your greatest fear ever come true? No.
  29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now? No. Not really. 
  30. What is your happiest childhood memory?  What makes it so special? All the simple things we used to do like run around the block and sleepovers. It's special because it reminds me of a simpler time when not many things bothered us. 
  31. At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Signing up for this program. 
  32. If not now, then when? Now!
  33. If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Nothing. 
  34. Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Yup. I miss that.
  35. Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because their love is conditional. 
  36. Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? No. There will always be a gray area. 
  37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? No. I love what I do, that's why I'm doing it. 
  38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work of what I enjoy doing.
  39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Yes. 
  40. When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Not too long ago. 
  41. If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? Get all my family members and my boyfriend.
  42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No. It doesn't guarantee my happiness. 
  43. What is the difference between being alive and truly living? The way you feel. That feeling.
  44. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? Before you have a family and become responsible for other people. 
  45. If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? People hate to fail.
  46. What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Nothing. 
  47. When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? This morning.
  48. What do you love?  Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? Making others happy and creating art in any mediums. Yes, every single day.
  49. In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday?  What about the day before that?  Or the day before that? Yes quite possibly. I've been spending quality time with my friends. It's times like this I can still remember from my childhood. 
  50. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I am making them for myself. Although my acceptance into the full-time interior design program is in the hands of others! *fingers crossed*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About

Interior Design Student & Blogger

Blissful·ly (adv.)

1. Extreme happiness; ecstasy. 2. The ecstasy of salvation; spiritual joy.

El·e·gant (adj.)

Characterized by or exhibiting refined, tasteful beauty of manner, form, or style.